lb_lee: A happy little brain with a bandage on it, enclosed within a circle with the words LB Lee. (Default)
[personal profile] lb_lee posting in [community profile] pluralstories
submitted by [personal profile] quailfence! Thank you, [personal profile] quailfence!

But for me, in mid-2020, I found myself in a state that was not particularly healthy. Having Marcellus gently ruffle me from time to time, almost like a therapist, helped me realize how unlike my former self I’d become.

And, as I came to understand, his missives weren’t always condescending. He lifted me up, too.

Blurb: The author writes about how the octopus narrator of the novel she was working on during the COVID pandemic helped her out during it.

Why is it worth your time?: It's a nice short piece about a helpful voice in someone's head, with a bit of "humans through inhuman eyes" on the side.

Plural/1+ Tags: abuse:not mentioned, creator speaks from experience, people:fictioneers, people:nonhumans (octopus), relationships:teamwork, type:nonswitching

Content Warnings: Pandemic/lockdown related stress and mental health issues, described in a straightforward and matter-of-fact way.

Accessibility Notes: Online, screen-readable, free on LitHub: https://lithub.com/lessons-learned-from-a-year-listening-to-the-fictional-octopus-in-my-head/

Date: 2026-08-13 02:21 am (UTC)
quailfence: A drawing of the TARDIS from Doctor Who in colored pencil (Default)
From: [personal profile] quailfence
You forgot the link (which I also initially did when submitting it XD): https://lithub.com/lessons-learned-from-a-year-listening-to-the-fictional-octopus-in-my-head/

Also, I wouldn’t say that the content warnings for this one are a spoiler

Profile

pluralstories: James of William Denn leafing through the DSM-III-R (Default)
Many-Selved Stories and Multi Media

Style Credit

Powered by Dreamwidth Studios